Britney and Darkchild

Rodney Jerkins on Britney's weavesRodney Jerkins has recently revealed that he is on board for Britney's forthcoming album...
"I'm just trying some new things, I've always worked with Britney and I love working with her. I'm trying to re-invent her, and re-invent myself with her project, and the stuff that we did so far is very dancey, very really uptempo, in the clubs, real aggressive and real catchy, very hook-friendly. I worked with her about four tweeks ago. She's the same, I've always worked with Britney, she's always been a professional. It normally takes people a lot of time to record songs, but you know, she walked in at 8:30 and was out at 10:30 and we'd done a whole song, in and out, and I was very happy that she's working on the positive side and moving towards new things. They're talking 2009, early 2009"
He says Britney can lace her songs in 2 hours like that's quick. Puh-lease. It ain't like she laces her songs with intricate harmonies like Beyonce and Brandy. And all her shit sounds like it was done in one take any way. Anybody off the street could've recorded the whole of Blackout in 2 hours.

Rodney Jerkins needs to come correct with this album. He let me down on Britney's Britney album. So now is a chance for redemption. He's going up against a couple of producers who laced Britney correct on her last album, so he needs to step his shit up. I won't accept songs which sound like remixes of "Feedback" and left over joints from a Janet Jackson album.

Already Britney's forthcoming set is shaping up to be hot one. Danja and Bloodshy & Avant could've done a hot job between them (they pretty much did on Blackout), but Rodney Jerkins in the mix makes it hotter. So far producers who've confirmed to be on board for Britney's new project are...
  • Rodney Jerkins (Darkchild remix of "Overprotected", "I love rock 'n roll"),
  • Guy Sigsworth ("Every time")
  • Damon Elliott
  • Bloodshy & Avant ("Toxic", "Do somethin'", "Piece of me", "Radar")
  • Sean Garrett ("Toy soldier")
  • Danja & Jim Beanz ("Gimme more", "Break the ice")
  • Fredwreck ("Ooh ooh baby")
  • Jonathan Rotem ("Everybody")
She needs to be kickin' Sean Garrett, Fredwreck and J.R Rotem's arses to the curb. Their contributions to Britney's Blackout album were the worst.

It's still a shame about Blackout though. "Radar", "Hot as ice" and "Get naked (I got a plan)" all would've made cracking singles.

Comments