Music video: Jessie Ware - Imagine it was us


Jessie just snatched my hi-top trainer off of my foot and threw it back into the 90s with this shit.

Produced by Jessie's beat laying partner in crime Julio Bashmore with a video directed by Jessie's visual partner in crime Kate Moross - Jessie is in familiar care, yet manages to give us something new unlike anything else on she's done before: something strictly club driven.


"Imagine it was us" will feature on the gold edition of her critically debut album Devotion - which will release physically in both the US and the UK. The song will stick out like a sore thumb amongst the original Devotion tracklisting, but it acts as a much better introduction of her to the US than "110%" ("If you're never gonna move") did and it has 'UK Summer hit' written all over it.

If Jessie had gone IN on that dance floor and started slow grinding and whipping a ponytail on that dude at the end of the video, this would have been perfection.

The 90s deep house stank on this song is giving me all I need right now.

Comments

  1. It's giving me subtle Roisin Murphy teas. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES finally the US will get to hear the awesomeness of "Devotion" in full. Already have the CD but I would totally buy it again to support my girl Jessie. This track is everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that too. I'll have to check her out. I would love to hear Crystal put out something like this, just a nice summer song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie Ware has been growing on me recently. I've been listening to Devotion a lot lately, and I'm looking forward to the gold edition. Imagine it was us makes me want to grab someone and dance sensually with them on the dance floor lmfao.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed