Music video: Ayumi Hamasaki - NaNaNa

Music video: Ayumi Hamasaki / 浜崎あゆみ - NaNaNa | Random J Pop

I'm in shock that somebody allowed this woman to shoot a music video on the streets of Hackney. And in the early hours of the morning in a mini skirt and a cut off top at that. Back in February, the early morning temperatures in London were no joke. We are talking -5. I sure as hell hope those leggings she was wearing were thermal leggings, otherwise that NaNaNa of hers must have been frozen like a fish fillet.


The weird pseudo panning effect gave me partial motion sickness, but I liked the video. The grimey feel of it suited the song and you could tell Ayu was having a lot of fun shooting it. The cinematography could have been a bit tighter during certain scenes and I feel like I was seeing more of the streets and the extras than Ayu herself. But this was a fun video to watch. Kumi went overboard with the bad girl images and shot her music video in some glossy club made out to be a hell hole in Shibuya. Ayu took her ass to a London council estate shimmied on a street corner and shot her club scenes in some crusty ass club looking a mess, but still having a 'I run this shit' air about her. Kumi needs to step her game up...again.

Comments