New music: Hiromi featuring Sway - Magic


If Hiromi's lead ballad release "Fallin' in love again" was a bit too slow for you, then "Magic" should hit the spot nicely until the album comes around. The Engrishy rapat the start is enough to have you switch off, but stick with it. Because Hiromi kicks some booty on this shit.

Listen: Magic

Magic
© 2011 Sugabee records

This song took a while for me to like. But after a few listens it really grew on me, and now I love it. The production is super solid: on some Darkchild and Danja like tip. If only Hiromi's label gave a chick a decent budget to work with, she could have shot one fly video for this.

I love Hiromi. Not only is her music solid, but she's like a Namie Amuro with some actual energy. I'm getting tired of that ho singing on club bangers like she cannot be bothered.

Give it a read: Rainbow album review

Comments

  1. I don't feel as though Hiromi handled her business on this song... sure, it sounds like she used the same producers and everything, but her swagger seems subdued to me for some reason. The same goes for Magic, the album.

    I'm not going to say the single/album is bad or anything, because I know I need to give it that fourth spin like you to truly get it. Looking forward to that review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed