Jay speaks on Timbaland doing the whole of his next album

Jay and TimTimbaland was rambling on a few weeks back about producing Jay-Z next CD solely by himself (by which I'm sure he means having his Camp Timbo crew help him). This had fans going crazy, as we all know that Jay-Z and Timbaland never fail to deliver and have an insane chemistry. Jay finally spoke on this, letting people know Timbaland producing his entire CD is not concrete...
“You know I love Timbaland, he is like a brother to me, but until the music is done it’s premature. I’m a person that works off music. If Timbaland makes 10 great tracks then he produces the album. If Kanye West makes 10 great tracks then he produces the album; if he makes three, I’ll take three. I let the music dictate the direction.”
I'd like to hear Tim do a hip hop joint. I'm questioning whether he could anymore, seeing as he's been riding the d**k of pop for so long. Listening to his old shit and his new shit is like night and day! I blame the weight loss and the blossoming interaction skills with human beings. Timbaland's beats were hotter when he was overweight, used to talk to himself in the studio and mumbled like a caveman. Somebody buy the n***a a KFC bucket meal, 2 litres of grease and lock him in a studio.

I definitely looking forward to hearing Jay's new album though. Whether Timbaland does the whole thing or not, it's looking certain he'll at least be contributing tracks to it. I'm hoping Tim can throw it back to Vol 3... Life and times of S. Carter - which is my fave Jay-Z album because of how it cemented Jay and Tim's musical chemistry and the fact that every joint Timbaland did on that album was a killer.

Comments

  1. Ya know, I have never listened to a Jay-Z album in full. It's crazy, but I've just never gotten around to it because all of the singles he puts out are always so average to me, but everybody always talks about how good he is. On the other hand, the songs that he never releases as singles, I always like.

    Maybe I should give one a try. Is the album you mentioned in this post one of his best ever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about "best ever" - but Vol 3... Life and times of S. Carter is my personal favourite Jay-Z album. "Is that your chick featuring Missy Elliott & Twista is killer! Everybody's flow on that track is ridiculous and Timbaland did not mess around with the beat. Whenever I've gone out and heard it in the club, people have gone crazy! Me included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shit, "Is that yo bitch" is FIRE! I've never heard Jay rap like that before (hence me not having any of his album), and Twista took the song to a whole other stratosphere with his verse!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

HTML tags for bold, italic and hyperlinks are allowed